I have an affinity for Mexican food. It can get heavy or as Chrissy Teigen (John Legend's beautiful and hysterical wife) says, " bloaty mcbloatstown." But man oh man is it good. I like to keep it simple and quick in the kitchen. I am not the girl that likes to patiently stir the risotto but I do appreciate a good home cooked meal so I get creative. I was craving homemade tacos because this hilarious photo kept frequenting my Facebook newsfeed last week.
Guess what? YOU can have both!
Here's what you need
1) Touch of olive oil, salt, pepper, and turmeric
2) Two handfuls of kale and mushrooms
3) 1/2 can of organic black beans
4) Corn tortillas
5) Beet hummus from Trader Joe's or slice some beets up
Cooking time (I so desperately just wanted to write HAMMER TIME)
1) In a pan combine olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, kale, mushrooms, and black beans. Sautéed on medium until done. I found it was between 5-7 minutes
2) Heat corn tortillas and spread beet hummus all over one side of them.
3) Place kale combination on top of the beet hummus or corn tortilla and voila it's time to EAT!
They left me feeling like this...