Wow I can't believe how this year is quickly coming to a close. Less than a week to go until Thanksgiving, say whaaaat? This week a lot of my faves are holidayish because I just simply have it on the mind. 1. Holiday cards...every year I procrastinate and tend to bomb at sending out the holiday card. So I'm searching early this year! I'm dying to send out Wit and Whistle's holiday cards because they crack me up.
2. Holiday Gift Guides. I'm getting amped up on gift guides (wanting to do some of our very own here on Benner Fit). Creature Comforts gift guides cannot be beat!! I love. There are all sorts of different guides to help you find the perfect presents for the holidays.
3. Tasty Beverages. I'm not a big drinker but this past week I've been feeling a little inspired to get some fun cocktails started. Next on my to try lists: Shutterbean's Clove Scented Sidecar and Style Me Pretty's Pear Ginger Fizz.
4. I'm in a serious jean rut. Like a five year jean rut. Everyday - jeans. Its time to put a end to it...so I manned up and bought me some leggings & tights! Those of you who know me - I know. Crazy. We are going to get through this together.
5. It's going to be rainy this weekend and I'm SUPER exciiiited! I just want to cozy up, put on some podcasts and get bloggy for a few days while it's raining out there.
6. Speaking of podcasts... I'm into them. Hardcore. I've been obsessed with Doug Loves Movies for a long time and now the host, Doug Benson, has started another podcast ...and it involves food people. I'm so happy!! Dining with Doug and Karen is my new fav. Different chefs are invited each episode to cook for Doug and his friend Karen Anderson and the food they make sounds ridiculous. Don't listen on an empty stomach or you'll go crazy. [Side note: I once sat near Doug at a hotel bar (if you want to understand my level of geekdom, this was at a podcast festival...) To avoid all possible humiliation, I didn't go up and say hello. Instead I cracked jokes about the space shuttle Challenger driving through the streets of LA in and around his general vicinity (It was topical! Calm down. I don't just ramble about the Challenger for kicks.) What I'm saying is - we are like total BFFs. Oh no, that's not it. What I meant to say is that he's super cool and despite his stoner guy facade he's crazy hard working and never stops. I admire that business.]
Woah...crazy nerd tangent...
7. Kubrick at the LACMA. Must. Go.
8. Business card design. Getting some inspiration from these guys...
9. Safety Not Guaranteed. Aubrey Plaza + Jake Kazdan = awesomeness IS guaranteed...? Looking forward to finding out.
10. Vegas baby. I'll be there in less than a week, giving lots of thanks. Turkey Day Buffet anyone??